Setting up DYMO 4XL printer for shipping labels

hazelwilliams
Contributor
Contributor

I have watched every video and read every post possible and I cannot for the life of me get my PayPal shipping labels to print correctly to my Dymo LabelWriter 4XL.  It prints on the label as if it is a full sheet of 8x11 paper even after changing the paper size and layout options. 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

JudiCG
New Community Member
Did anyone post a solution?
Login to Me Too

wingedyeti
New Community Member

I have the same question but for a different printer. Ebay has a nice settings spot to change your printer to a label printer but I can't, for the life of me, do it here. 

Login to Me Too

j0rdantay10r
Contributor
Contributor

It's amazing that Paypal has removed so many features. Why is this the most difficult site to navigate?

I also have this problem and can only find solutions from years past, where you could actually solve this problem. That seems to have disappeared in 2019. 

Login to Me Too

dalbinator
Contributor
Contributor

So has anyone found an alternative to paypal yet? LOL. (Seriously though, I'd switch).

Login to Me Too

ITZ-Bases
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal does some **bleep** things!  Switching to Gravity!

Login to Me Too

CarrietStanley
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using the Demo 4XL since 2017 and never had an issue. I got a new computer this year and with the PayPal update, it just doesn't work all the time. Ever so often, the stars align and I can print for awhile. I NEED A LONG TERM SOLUTION PAYPAL AND DYMO. I'm tired of wasting labels trying to get it to work.

Login to Me Too

PieceCraftLove
New Community Member

If you have a US Account, here is what worked for me:

Hover over your profile (on a browser) select Account Settings, scroll ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM and select Shipping.

In the second box called Printer Preferences, click Update Settings and then in the Shipping Carrier section, click Change Printer Type, select Zebra 2844 4"x6" (assuming that's the size label you're using)

It took me FOREVER to figure this out and lots of frustration, trying to print a PDF and align it correctly (SO TEDIOUS) but this setting prints PERFECTLY on the Dymo 4XL. Considering that the DYMO is probably one of the most popular label printers, I'm only slightly surprised that PayPal doesn't have a default for that one. BUT changing the setting once it was initially determined was quite a pain too. 

I hope someone is able to read this and it helps you out!!

Login to Me Too

suzieqquilts
New Community Member

I had high hopes this solution would fix the printer... but no such luck - still printing some stupid horizontal format.

Login to Me Too

Lensdigital
Contributor
Contributor

Same here Zebra 2844 4"x6" is not working. I get extra white space and some text on the bottom. It's more like 4x10" actually...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.