Sending receipts

vovos
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way to automatically email transaction receipts to customers? Recently many of my customers have emailed me to ask if their transactions where successful through a Paypal ‘add to cart’ button on my website. They claim to not receive receipts. I have received their payments though. When a customer makes a purchase, is there a dialog box after processing a payment that says the transaction was successful? If so where does the receipt go?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Your customers should be getting some form of email acknowledgement from PayPal about their transactions.   From experience, sometimes the PayPal system does not send these notices (would not have a clue as to what goes on there - maybe a system gremlin).    PayPal does have a feature called IPN or Instant Payment Notification which is a a message service that automatically notifies merchants of events related to PayPal transactions.  If you're into working with scripts, you can setup this service to automatically contact your server which in turn can send an email out to your customers.   Check out this link for more details.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.