Sending Money

Tobi16_
Contributor
Contributor

If I send money to someone with a business account through friends and family. Why don't they receive the money instantly?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tobi16_

They should do, unless its a 24 hour security review OR an echeck OR in another currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tobi16_
Contributor
Contributor

As of right now the person I sent the money to has not received it. So does that mean in 24 hours of when I sent the payment to them they would have the money 100% and I wont have to email or call PayPal to authorize the payment?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tobi16_

Well you didn't actually say they had not received it, that is another matter, you just asked how long it normally took.

If they have NOT received it then you need to double check the email address they supplied OR that you imputted to make sure there was not a typo ie spelling mistake.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tobi16_
Contributor
Contributor

The payment went through on my side and I'm 100% sure it's the right email because it says it was sent to his name. He just said the money is not in his balance yet, but the payment showed up in his email.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tobi16_

Was it sent in his currency?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tobi16_
Contributor
Contributor

Was sent in British Pounds and exchanged to US Dollars and he uses US Dollars.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tobi16_

Still think its a currency issue, it would only change to USD when it arrived on his account and he converted it or had that option enabled on his Paypal account.

if you actually sent in GBP then that is what he would receive, unless you sent USD ie selected that currency when you paid and then it would be sent in that currency and charged in GBP from your funding source.

Does it say pending / unclaimed?

If so ask if he has GBP added as a receiving currency on his Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tobi16_
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, it's isn't a currency issue. It doesn't say pending or unclaimed. It says completed, and in the email he got when the money was sent it said $40. Under the transaction it said this on my end, "Exchange rate £34.56 GBP = $44.20 USD1 GBP = 1.279 USD".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.