Return to Sender Questions

Poppysweets
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I currently had to deal with this problem and I just wanted to check me bases. I had to call USPS and their post offices to get a package returned to me (the sender) and they said that I had to check off that if the package was not delivered that it would be delivered back to sender and not destroyed. What does that mean and how do i know that if a future package isn’t delivered that it will be sent back to me and not destroyed. Is that a setting option for shipping a box for an invoice ? Or is it automatically checked since I’m a merchant sending an invoice package ? I’m just confused. Thank you.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Poppysweets 

Are you trying to intercept a package during transit? That means having the USPS locate the package and return it to you for a fee.

All undeliverable mail/packages are typically returned unless there are circumstances keep it from being returned according to USPS guidelines such as no return address/perishable goods/chemicals/severe damage to items that can be hazardous (ie leaking batteries), etc. If a package is being returned or have other exceptions in transit, it will be shown in the tracking status.

There are no settings in PayPal shipping or on an invoice to indicate this. It is purely a USPS situation and certain services/requests can possibly be set up at their website for your package. Hold for pick up, and redirect shipments, for example, can be set up through the tracking page.

Doing further research, will update with more info, if any. So far I have not found anything close to what you've been told or where such indication can be made.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kelsta
New Community Member

New tenants of my old house recieved my package and returned to sender 😕 How do I get it back?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.