Return-Shipping Refund

StaceFace90
Contributor
Contributor

I've sent back an item purchased on eBay and printed my pre-paid return address via the website. It was noted that PayPal would charge me for this once scanned at the post office which I was fine with. After dropping it off at the post office I was given a receipt with the tracking information. I'm now trying to get the refund for the return back,  however when filling in the form there isnt an option to choose postage provided by PayPal or anything. It is asking for cost and photo evidence of the parcel/return address which I didnt know about until after it was posted. I now only have the receipt which has part of the return address but no cost as it was pre-paid. The item(s) are being exchanged rather than refunded so I'm not sure where I stand. Do I just have to wait for the 'refund/exchange' process to go through before I can claim back this postage cost?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Randy

@StaceFace90,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!  

It sounds like you're referring to PayPal's Return Shipping on Us.  You can find additional information on this program here.  I hope that this information helps!  

- Randy

Login to Me Too

StaceFace90
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Randy,

Thanks for the link however it doesn't address the information I am looking for. I am aware of the return on us feature and have already activated it on my account. The problem I have is when filling in the request it is asking for information that I do not have - as the postage label was provided by Paypal themselves via eBay, so my receipt does not have any cost on it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @StaceFace90,

Thanks for your clarification.

In general, it is requested to provide the receipt of the postage in order to verify the amount you have paid. 

Cristina

Login to Me Too

StaceFace90
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunatley, I do not know this amount. When I went through the process on eBay it gave me the option to print the return label there and then and said I would be charged through my PayPal account should I choose to use that label. I was fine with this as it meant not messing around at the post office. I just printed it, stuck it on the parcel, scanned it at the post office and weighed it and that was it. I have not yet been charged for the return label so maybe that is why I cannot request the refund? I will wait for the whole process to be completed and see if I am charged then hopefully I will know the amount to put on the form to claim back. It's only a few ££'s but it's still money Smiley Tongue

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.