Receiving payment for a product - cost of shipping?

neofelis
New Community Member

I am so confused. I am trying to use PayPal to sell a product to someone (not as a business). I want to use the invoice option and request a shipping label. However, I gave the person the price for the item WITHOUT the cost of shipping, because they are in the U.S. and I am in Canada and I do not know how much shipping is going to cost. I want to invoice them for the price of the product plus the shipping, but if I have to receive money from them before I can set up a transaction and print a shipping label, how do I know how much to charge them? I have no idea how much shipping is going to cost. Any idea how to do this? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

If you received an answer to this, please share.  I'm having the very same problem, and can't find an answer anywhere.

@neofelis wrote:

I am so confused. I am trying to use PayPal to sell a product to someone (not as a business). I want to use the invoice option and request a shipping label. However, I gave the person the price for the item WITHOUT the cost of shipping, because they are in the U.S. and I am in Canada and I do not know how much shipping is going to cost. I want to invoice them for the price of the product plus the shipping, but if I have to receive money from them before I can set up a transaction and print a shipping label, how do I know how much to charge them? I have no idea how much shipping is going to cost. Any idea how to do this? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.