Receipt sent to customer

malcnoo
Contributor
Contributor

When a receipt is sent after a payment is it possible to have a password on it. It would be the same password for all buyers. If so how can I arrange it?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@malcnoo wrote:

When a receipt is sent after a payment is it possible to have a password on it. It would be the same password for all buyers. If so how can I arrange it?

You mean you are selling a digital good and after payment the buyer gets digital online access to it via a password? No. You will need to set up a kind of webshop that lets you distribute the goods afterwards like https://www.payloadz.com/

They accept PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

malcnoo
Contributor
Contributor

Perhaps I did not make myself very clear. I am assuming a receipt is sent by PayPal to my customer and asking if it is possible to give a Password

on the receipt sent. Same Password on every receipt?

Thank You

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@malcnoo wrote:

Perhaps I did not make myself very clear. I am assuming a receipt is sent by PayPal to my customer and asking if it is possible to give a Password

on the receipt sent. Same Password on every receipt?

Thank You

Still the answer is no, and .i understood your question. PayPal does not let you edit their receipts, that is why I recommend payloadz because buyers can download a file with the password on it and can pay by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

malcnoo
Contributor
Contributor

What I am selling are coded software games. Customers already have already downloaded the game and play 5 free games before they have to pay to continue playing.  I need the receipt sent presumably by PayPal to contain a password which they enter in the game they already have for unlimited play. Sorry to keep bothering you but I am completely new to PayPal.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@malcnoo wrote:

What I am selling are coded software games. Customers already have already downloaded the game and play 5 free games before they have to pay to continue playing.  I need the receipt sent presumably by PayPal to contain a password which they enter in the game they already have for unlimited play. Sorry to keep bothering you but I am completely new to PayPal.

No problem. Yeah, there is no option to include anything customized like that in the PayPal receipts.

Login to Me Too

malcnoo
Contributor
Contributor

Afraid $20 a month for would be too much for me, I only charge $4 for my games. One last question, do I get a copy of the receipt sent to the customer and would it contain the customers email address? In which case I can send them the password myself. Thank you for your patience.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.