Question about receipt name

panosgm
Contributor
Contributor

Hello people

I had a paypal basic account [personal] that sometime updated to business account (I had never sent an invoice or requested money).

When i buy something online and give my personal details and not my business details what will the seller see on the payment notification?

Will he see my name, the name of the business or my email and the shipping location?

I am looking at the transaction details but i don't see the name of the business anywhere. No vat either.

So what does the seller see? 

Thank you for your understanding

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

panosgm
Contributor
Contributor

First: it is not an invoice question

Example

If i buy something and give my personal details and home address,

will the seller see that [personal details and home address] or does the system bypass that information and add my business name with my personal details and home address?

Do note that the personal account was  "registered name and adress on his/hers PayPal account." 

Does anyone had that problem before with personal accounts turned into business accounts?

Thank you for reading

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @panosgm,

Great question - if you send a request or invoice and you have a business account, your business name and address will show instead of your personal information. I hope this information helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

panosgm
Contributor
Contributor

Hello 

Thank you for the answer

It turns out that if you make a payment with your business account, the receipt will show the business name and the address of the personal account. 

I hope it helps someone else who might have the same inquiry.

Best Regards

Panos

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.