Print shipping label without instructions any REAL, current answers?

Flyinby
Contributor
Contributor

This question has been asked in the forum many times, and the replies are either outdated (settings that don't exist in the current Paypal interface) or ridiculous (cut the label sheet in half and print it so the printer can't waste the second label). I can find no setting anywhere to eliminate the printer printing the shipping label and then ruining the second label on the page with the instructions/receipt that I have no use for. Is there any solution other than the mickeymouse one above? I have checked both my account shipping settings and the multi-order shipping interface, and can find no way of eliminating the pointless instructions and waste of a label other than to use plain paper and tape it on the package, which is not acceptable.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Flyinby
Contributor
Contributor

Replying to my own inquiry (to hopefully save others from wasting their time searching), I got the information directly from Paypal support, which unfortunately is " there is no setting to be able to print the label without instructions".  So don't waste your time looking.  The mickeymouse "cut the page in half" solution is apparently the only way other than print it on plain paper so you don't waste labels, or go to a real business shipper like stamps.com, which I have done.  No more Paypal ads on my shipping labels, no wasting a label every time I print one, now I can have my business name on the return address instead of my personal name, add my business logo, and have shipping notifications sent that include a customized look with my own design and message.

Interesting that Paypal has made itself MORE difficult to use over the years.  When they changed to the new website, it took a lot of adjustment just to be able to find things that were easy to find before; then they destroyed the packing slips which were excellent, full-page, and perfectly usable to one that's a half-page and you have to cut the other half off if you don't want the mickeymouse scissors/dotted line graphic to show on your business packing slip (what purpose is it, yet they've stubbornly kept it there to show people where to cut??).  Now one can no longer get to the old site...I used to use the "remove shipping options" link to designate which packing slips had been printed, now they've done away with that option.  They keep changing things, but they just keep getting worse and harder to use, with less features.  Is our so-called US president in charge of Paypal now?...

Login to Me Too

CiphDizzle
New Community Member

Go to:

Account Settings

Shipping

Shipping Preferences (click "Update")

Shipping Carrier (click "Change printer type")

Uncheck "Print Receipt"

Save

Hope this helps

"

Login to Me Too

jr9434
New Community Member

I see no such setting. My account settings have no shipping preferences and my shipping preferences do not have those options.

Login to Me Too

kdomaley
Contributor
Contributor

I found a way to remove the instructions. I'm not sure why it is buried so deep and/or they keep moving it. On 7/7/2020, this worked. I just printed two labels and there was no instructions - just the mailing label on the top half.

1. Click on Settings (the gear icon in the upper right between the bell and the "Log Out" button)

2. Click on Seller Tools in the menu at the top (You will be in Account from this menu when you get here)

3. Scroll to the bottom to More Selling Tools, and in Shipping Preferences and click "Create"

4. Under Shipping Carrier, go to USPS and click Change Printer Type

5. In the window that opens, uncheck the "Print Receipt" box and then click Save

You should be all set. I hope this works for you!

@Flyinby 

@jr9434 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.