Postal charges

Paroan
Contributor
Contributor

I have always sent customer's invoices that includes shipping charges.  Once the customer pays me I create the shipping label.  The USPS shipping fee has always been deducted from my balance without me telling it to do this.

This week I created 6 shipping labels after receiving payments yet my balance did not reflect and shipping fees.  I assumed PayPal was having an issue and when I transferred funds to my bank I left the total shipping fees in the PayPal account and again, assumed PayPal would hit my account by the next day.

After 2 more days they still had not charged me.  Today I looked at my credit card account and realized all 6 shipping charges went to the credit card.

Have they added something that I need to tell it to take from balance?  I have never had to do this before.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Paroan,

Normally, your PayPal available balance would be used for such transactions. It is always used first unless there was a technical issue and the funds were not in the available balance at the time or our security block the balance use and requested it from a card or bank account. This can happen if it is a larger than normal amount or numerous payment received at the time.

If this happens again please contact our support directly to see if there is an ongoing technical issue.

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.