Pending invoice

MichaelB57
Contributor
Contributor

I haven’t been able to transfer money from my bank to PayPal in a while so I recently purchased a prepaid visa gift card over $400 and sent and invoice from my original paypal linked email to a secondary email address. I paid the invoice using the prepaid card on the 19th of September and since then the invoice has been pending and I was wondering if the payment was just going to take a while to process seeing as it had been the first time I’ve done an invoice or if I had to sort it out by calling a representative of PayPal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @MichaelB57,

As it's been quite some time since this was posted, I'm sure by now the issue has been resolved, however we're seeing a lot of traction on this post so I wanted to provide some additional information for anyone else who may be having the same problem.

First, if your invoice is pending, it means the payment hasn't completed. Whether that means it's still processing (in the case of a bank transfer), it hasn't been paid at all, or it's been stopped by our internal security, no payment has gone through to your account and you'll want to work with your buyer to resolve the issue.

In your case, you're technically the "buyer." The issue here would be that invoicing yourself for money is actually a security concern in our system, as it can look very suspicious in how you're moving money. In this situation, it's very possible that your PayPal account could be restricted due to the risk sending and receiving payments this way poses. In the future, I would advise simply adding the prepaid card to your PayPal account and using it as a payment method for making purchases.

Hopefully this helps you or others with the same issue. Have a great rest of your day. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

does this secondary email address have a paypal account of its own?

Login to Me Too

MichaelB57
Contributor
Contributor
No It does not. Maybe that would be part of the issue?
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

so you use PAYpal to send an invoice to an email address which does not have a paypal account/

if that email address does not have a Paypal account,how does it use a debit card to pay via Paypal?

did you check to see if the money is still in the debit card?

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

also why cant you transfer from bank to your paypal account,you are in USA?

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

YOU DONT REALLY NEED TO add fund to your paypal account,as long as you link your bank account and it has fund available.and also good idea to link a credit card,Paypal wants you t o link a credit card so it can sleep better at night.

Login to Me Too

MichaelB57
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I am from the US. When I signed up to paypal a few months back I put in the information requirements and for some reason when I put in my social it refused it three times saying I had to resubmit my information and I wouldn’t be able to transfer from my bank to PayPal until it was resolved
Login to Me Too

MichaelB57
Contributor
Contributor
I checked the balance of the card to make sure it was the correct amount before I created the invoice. After I did that I checked the card again and the balance was zero dollars and there was a pending statement on my activity on PayPal
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @MichaelB57,

As it's been quite some time since this was posted, I'm sure by now the issue has been resolved, however we're seeing a lot of traction on this post so I wanted to provide some additional information for anyone else who may be having the same problem.

First, if your invoice is pending, it means the payment hasn't completed. Whether that means it's still processing (in the case of a bank transfer), it hasn't been paid at all, or it's been stopped by our internal security, no payment has gone through to your account and you'll want to work with your buyer to resolve the issue.

In your case, you're technically the "buyer." The issue here would be that invoicing yourself for money is actually a security concern in our system, as it can look very suspicious in how you're moving money. In this situation, it's very possible that your PayPal account could be restricted due to the risk sending and receiving payments this way poses. In the future, I would advise simply adding the prepaid card to your PayPal account and using it as a payment method for making purchases.

Hopefully this helps you or others with the same issue. Have a great rest of your day. 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Emogene
New Community Member
How do i get my money off pending if its to do with the whole security thing.. Its really problematic not to be able to access my money during this time..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.