Paypal balance needed for shipping?

festerplink62
Contributor
Contributor

Why do I need $ in my wallet for making UPS shipments WITHIN Paypal?

Paypal charges my bank account or credit card immediately on purchases that

Paypal is offered by the vendor? UPS allow you to pay for shipments with Paypal from

WITHIN their site, and you don't need a Paypal balance for those transactions either.

So what gives?

I went to have Paypal print a shipping label today, and it told me it needed money in my wallet, and

that it would take 2-3 days to transfer the money from my bank account into my wallet.

None of this make sense to me.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

UncleE
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @festerplink62 ,

With PayPal Shipping, you can spend less time on shipping paperwork and manage all of your PayPal shipments in one place. You can also prepare several packages to ship at the same time and track packages that you post through PayPal. After you print the label, you'll see "Label Completed." From here, you can choose to create multiple labels for the order, reprint or cancel the label. For more complex shipping rates, you can use the PayPal Shipping Calculator. It sets your shipping rates based on order amount (monetary value), order weight or item quantity. You can also set profiles for different states or regions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.