Paypal Shipping Error 60017

jlreidy
Contributor
Contributor

When I go to print a shipping label thru Canada Post and paypal. I get Error Code 60017. What causes this. Has been happening for the last two days....

Login to Me Too
70 REPLIES 70

High35
New Community Member

the same error here :

We're sorry, we’re unable to process your request right now. Please try again later. ERRORCODE-60017

Very frustrated.

Login to Me Too

traceytf
Contributor
Contributor

The problem happens now and then for me. Nothing to do with HS codes or default addresses. In my opinion, it's the PayPal channel; being too busy.

Wish I had a better solution than to just wait.

Login to Me Too

traceytf
Contributor
Contributor

I get this error code from time to time. Been using PP shipping from the start and send dozens of packages a week this way. I twiddle around fixing HS codes, addresses etc but even with a simple domestic shipment with complete address, it happens. I suspect the twiddling just bides the time. I suspect it's a PayPal gateway traffic problem. They should really admit to the bug and stop gas lighting us all. Of course, if you find a real solution, do tell.

Login to Me Too

my7of9
Contributor
Contributor

wrote:

@Temp20230526DQ wrote:

If paypal is reading this I have a feeling the bug is coming from the HS code. The "." on the HS code automatically adds on it. Before it didn't and the labels get through just fine. Maybe look into this please. Thank you.

This led me in the right direction, the HS code needs to be in the XXXX.XX format. Working for me now.

I really wish this helped but I cannot get past the first screen that calculates the price to even get to a point where you might want to put a tariff code in. Do you have any other thoughts?

Login to Me Too

1970stingray
New Community Member

How can i fix this annoying error when printing from paypal using Canada Post, i never got this error until i was forced to link to my canada post account.

i tried 3 different computers, IE, Mozilla and Chrome, also another computer at a friends house with the same exact error 60017.

this has happened with the last 11 seperate items i tried to print a label for, all different addresses/customers.

also I never had this issue prior to linking to canada post account. Is there a fix. Getting annoyed going to to post office, may have to switch to UPS for convience.

Login to Me Too

McGem
New Community Member

It seems to be an error in the number of characters used in the custom form.
Neither the Customs Detail Description or Contents Description can exceed 20 characters.

I started receiving this error message recently and when I went back and adjusted the custom form and shortened the descriptions so that the characters fell within the correct perimeters, all was well and the label was successfully completed.

Hope this helps someone, it worked for me.

Login to Me Too

antiquesareus
Contributor
Contributor

sswindell
New Community Member

I was receiving the same Error 60017 message.  I edited the shipping address and deleted an extra space that was in one of the address lines and was then able to print a shipping label.

Login to Me Too

FireforFighting
New Community Member

I was having the same issue.  Turns out there was an extra space after my zip code.  As soon as I selected originating zip code and entered it manually it worked.

Login to Me Too

traceytf
Contributor
Contributor

I have been inside out and backwards about this.

Followed all suggestions.

Spent 3 hours on thr phone on 4 occasions with Canada Post

Even created a new account.

Canada Post says it's a problem with PayPal.

How can I speak with a rep at PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.