Paypal Shipping Error 60017

jlreidy
Contributor
Contributor

When I go to print a shipping label thru Canada Post and paypal. I get Error Code 60017. What causes this. Has been happening for the last two days....

Login to Me Too
70 REPLIES 70

Pretty_Pieces
Contributor
Contributor

After finding possible solution buried in the internet, I edited my shipping-to address so that there were fewer characters on line 1.  Label now printing fine.  Hope this helps others.

Login to Me Too

Pretty_Pieces
Contributor
Contributor

After finding possible solution buried in the internet, I edited my shipping-to address so that there were fewer characters on line 1.  Label now printing fine.  Hope this helps others.

Login to Me Too

SmadaMike
Contributor
Contributor

had same problem.Came here to help.

Edit the address.Alot of international addresses are too long to fit on one line.Split it in two,putting the rest on Address line 2.Or it could be zip code or postal code.

If i edit the address i can print the label.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

mdf_jersey
New Community Member

Anyone know what this is. Unable to print the requested label at this time. The following error occurred:

Sorry, we’re unable to process your request right now. Please try again later. ERRORCODE-60017

I cant seem to get past this to print.

Login to Me Too

asikovsek
New Community Member

Been printing labels fine all morning now I am getting this error when trying to calculate cost? Anyone else having the same issue right now?

Login to Me Too

Clydew
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, me too.  I tried changing internet service from E to Chrome but no luck.

Login to Me Too

Theabalonenomad
Contributor
Contributor

Crazy system. When this happens I switch to the manual entry label creator. https://www.paypal.com/shiplabel/create and just enter the address manually. A pain in the... but it gets the job done when the other system is not working. 

Login to Me Too

Jakeroo
Contributor
Contributor

Also got this error code. Manual creation of shipping label worked for me. I have been having serious issues with Canpost page. Canpost rep pretty much says it's Paypal and Paypal has been pretty good about addressing these issues and trying to help but nothing they say works. I can't even get my phone number to a default setting, I have to manually enter it every time EVEN when it's an order going from us in Canada to another Canadian customer even though a phone number is not required for Canada...only for international ( US etc. ) sales. We are pushing more sales to our Amazon stores because of this. When Amazon gets their delivery service up and running in Canada....it is going to decimate Canpost, it can't be good for Paypal either.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Jakeroo
Contributor
Contributor

Just got this explanation from Paypal, it took them 15 minutes to respond to my email....can't fault the service there.

"Thank you for reaching back out and providing a transaction ID as well as screenshot. The error 60017 is mapped back to Canada Post. Meaning, they provide us a generic error and have us post a generic error message. Under most circumstances our error messaging will map back to a specific issue. For this particular one, Canada post does not provide PayPal with detailed error mapping and it would be speculation to tell you (right now) if it is one thing or another.

All that being said, we are currently seeing an uptick today of this error populating. We are currently engaging our shipping development team to see what is causing the trend from Canada post.

As soon as I have an update- I will be sure to provide it to you."
Login to Me Too

bluebird2001
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone I got mine fixed for continue trying different ways !!!  Finally I've changed the item value to really low at a point less than $200 total each package value then it went through!!!! Though my goods are $390 which will never go through on the page!  For doing this the concern and the risk is if it get lost in transit then you will be really lost very much, worth a try in some circumstance but now recommended.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.