Paypal Multiorder shipping

catmandewe
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anyway to get back to the classic mulitorder shipping format?

It worked splendidly and then was replaced with some beginner level programming format which is full of bugs and requires more steps and time to complete. I prefer the faster and easier classic format and would really like to get back to it so I dont have to spend any more time trying to figure out why oh why they would switch to this lost child program.

Thanks.........Tony

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

madkiwi
Contributor
Contributor

Posted this on the "About Payments" forum-

I was told by a less than useless (ie helpful) CS person that the decision to eliminate the CSV uploads was because their agreement with Pitney Bowes is only for sales generated using Paypal to pay for the sale. So even though they had (for 8+ years) allowed us to upload data to print other labels (for sales paid by mailed in check, merchant credit card account or whatever) it was not technically something they were supposed to do.

So it won't matter how much complaining you do, it isn't going to be restored.

What **bleep** me off (apart from now having to open an account at Endicia) is that I do subscription sales and I don't even get an option to print a shipping label for those payments made with Paypal. It is like they think all subscriptions are for some kind of electronic goods (newsletter etc) and not for a physical item that can be mailed.

These guys are forcing me to change how I do my business, and I hate change. Especially when it costs me money and requires I do more work.

Login to Me Too

catmandewe
Contributor
Contributor

Whoever told you that was really less than useless, you can still create a label and ship to anyone you want, top right hand part of page there is a create label button to make a new one, it doesnt have to be a paypal transaction to create a label. I made one for my wife today so she could ship something to a friend of hers.

Still takes a bunch of clicks to do it though when you could have done it in half the time and effort in the old program.

Usually when you upgrade it gets better, this upgrade is not just a step backwards, it is a big slide backwards.

Login to Me Too

madkiwi
Contributor
Contributor

Technically you are right, what Paypal implemented doesn't stop us from creating labels, but they made it more difficult. What I was mainly referring to was the ability to upload CSV files with the information for multiple customers instantly, that function has been removed. And you are correct, the new MOS is much less intuitive and much more work even for labels that originate from Paypal.

I believe I will still call and demand that they restore this, but I do fear it is pointless. I will be evaluating Endecia, Shipping Easy and Stamps.com to see which works best. And raising my shipping charges.

Mark

Login to Me Too

jewelrybydawn
Contributor
Contributor

Give https://www.pirateship.com/ a try.  I'm so glad I found them.  They have tons of great features for shipping, including importing and creating batch payments.  I don't use the reports but they have so many features that I bet they have what you need.  Please check them out.  Plus, they are TOTALLY FREE TO USE!!!

p.s.  I am not affiliated with them.  I am just trying to get the word out for those like me that got mad that PayPal changed their multi order shipping process.  If you like pirate ship, please pass the word around.  Great people to work with

Login to Me Too

shadygardener
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!!! I swear it was not there before, but when I read your reply, I looked again, and there it was--a button to "Create Shipment." Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.