Paypal Business app unable to send invoices.

boyquail
Contributor
Contributor

I sell small items online and invoice my customers through their email. Their attached name and address that appear after I get payment is what I use to print the label and ship. I got the PayPal Business app to do this on the go because the site is clunky on mobile and whenever I fill out the info with email and item details  exactly as I would on the site, it says "unable to send invoice". I can't even save it. It works fine on desktop. What is the issue?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

trappedlight
Contributor
Contributor

BUMP

We still need an answer to this, please. This is not only a reasonable expectation of any that calls itself a business app, the error generated is too generic, does not offer any solutions or way of reporting it to PayPal. I need to stay mobile and I'm not always at my computer. This has been going on for a very long time, so if PayPal refuses to acknowledge, fix, or explain this issue, I'll try my luck with Venmo or another transaction app.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @boyquail and @trappedlight,

I'm sorry to hear that the invoicing feature is not working in the mobile app for you. Please log in at https://www.paypal-support.com and open a ticket to our technicians detailing the issue you're experiencing and the circumstances.

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Chrisgraves99
New Community Member
Did that. No help.
Login to Me Too

MJDEOGFWT
New Community Member
I recently updated a bunch of information on my PayPal/PayPal Business account. I thought maybe that was the reason it wasnt letting me send out invoices. So I logged out and logged in with my new credentials. Still will not let me send out invoices. Not sure what to do now exactly. I have to send out invoices for items purchased... Seriously what's going on?
Login to Me Too

Izzy_Bean
Contributor
Contributor
Listen it's 2020 and it's still a problem.
Login to Me Too

Amckenzi
Contributor
Contributor

The reason for that is because your ('my' android) phone is denying the app access permission to location settings - according to Paypal Support.  Look at the app settings on your mobile device and 'allow' the paypal app to access location or data stored on your phone, like contacts and media files.  - Solved for Galaxy S8 device.

Login to Me Too

Joecookschili
New Community Member
Dug through all these settings enabled them all, still same error.
Login to Me Too

Amckenzi
Contributor
Contributor
Baffled. Could it be the sequence in which I got it to work? First uninstall - reinstall the app - then manage the device location settings. If that don't fix it, the only mobile workaround has to be to bookmark www.paypal.com on the mobile device to create/send invoices - being away from a computer.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.