Payment

Alen18
Contributor
Contributor

I just sold my Samsung s9+, and i got for him 650€. Buyer sent me the money on my acc, but it does not revelead on it. How much time does it takes, for money to be visible on my acc?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alen18

If it was marked as an invoice then its probably a scam doing the rounds as its been sent by a buyer and altered to look as though he has paid you.

Signs its a scam are >>>

its an invoice BUT sellers send invoices not buyers
marked as paid
marked as gift
says payment won't show in your balance for eg 24 hours
can't be chargedback.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send anything until the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.
Paypal payments are more or less instant.
Paypal will never tell you that a payment can't be subject to a chargeback if thats what scammers are still putting on invoices.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alen18

More or less instant, if its not SHOWING in your paypal account balance then you have not been paid so don't send the phone.

Could well be a scam so be careful.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Alen18
Contributor
Contributor
I got an email with this in it, i wont quote. ' This is a PayPal Gift. It can take up to 14 days to reflect on your acc etc..' I recieved invoice, that sa s all of that.. What can I do? I already sold the phone.. 😕
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alen18

If it was marked as an invoice then its probably a scam doing the rounds as its been sent by a buyer and altered to look as though he has paid you.

Signs its a scam are >>>

its an invoice BUT sellers send invoices not buyers
marked as paid
marked as gift
says payment won't show in your balance for eg 24 hours
can't be chargedback.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send anything until the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.
Paypal payments are more or less instant.
Paypal will never tell you that a payment can't be subject to a chargeback if thats what scammers are still putting on invoices.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.