Payment Hold

aubcs3221
Contributor
Contributor
I have a payment on hold that was sent from an account that is not US based. I need to enter the tracking number for the package so that my funds can be released quicker however there is nowhere to click so I can enter a tracking number. The only thing I can press is ‘Refund this Payment’
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @aubcs3221,

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community! Based on the information you've provided, it's possible that either the customer paid as Friends and Family, or they marked the payment for Services rather than Goods. Since tracking numbers wouldn't be associated with Friends and Family transactions or Services rendered, we wouldn't have an option to provide the number through the transaction details. If the transaction was marked as a Service, your buyer should have the option to confirm that they received the item if your transaction is held. I would refer to this article on how to get your money sooner for a transaction on hold. If the payment was sent as Friends and Family, I would email the sender of the payment so that they can stay updated on the movement of the item. Please know that typically we do not recommend the Friends and Family option to the sale of goods and/or services.

Thanks,

Gwen

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @aubcs3221,

Thanks for joining the PayPal Community! Based on the information you've provided, it's possible that either the customer paid as Friends and Family, or they marked the payment for Services rather than Goods. Since tracking numbers wouldn't be associated with Friends and Family transactions or Services rendered, we wouldn't have an option to provide the number through the transaction details. If the transaction was marked as a Service, your buyer should have the option to confirm that they received the item if your transaction is held. I would refer to this article on how to get your money sooner for a transaction on hold. If the payment was sent as Friends and Family, I would email the sender of the payment so that they can stay updated on the movement of the item. Please know that typically we do not recommend the Friends and Family option to the sale of goods and/or services.

Thanks,

Gwen

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.