Paying a vendor to not have fees deducted

Ileneyoginird
Contributor
Contributor

How do I pay a vendor through PayPal without having it deduct money from their payment?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ileneyoginird 

In your case, you are the buyer/sender and the vendor is the seller/recipient.

The calculator site is fine. It don't ask for personal info at all. And the Fee % rates used are currently correct. If not, you can always edit the fee rate based on what you see on the fees page where necessary: https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

I use this calculator all the time to figure out rate of fees in the forums when people are asking what the rate is they are charged at or why they are charged x amount in fees.

Type in the amount you need to send: $306.25, click the region/currency, click the fee rate and click To Receive This... at the top.

Currently the domestic rate is 2.9% + 30 cents. The intl/cross-border rate is 4.4% + 30 cents.

Try it and learn to use it yourself.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ileneyoginird 

You will want to send the payment as goods and services to get purchase/buyer protection, that's number 1. Secondly, you can calculate how much you need to send in order for the merchant to receive the total amount they are charging.

Please visit this page to calculate that:

https://salecalc.com/paypal

(It is against the PayPal user agreement for the merchant to be surcharging you for paying with PayPal but if they do, they at least should be the one figuring this out, tbh.)

Login to Me Too

Ileneyoginird
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the calculator. I am a little concerned to use it because I don't trust the site. I am the merchant and I need to send a vendor $306.25. I'm unsure how I would do that. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ileneyoginird 

In your case, you are the buyer/sender and the vendor is the seller/recipient.

The calculator site is fine. It don't ask for personal info at all. And the Fee % rates used are currently correct. If not, you can always edit the fee rate based on what you see on the fees page where necessary: https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

I use this calculator all the time to figure out rate of fees in the forums when people are asking what the rate is they are charged at or why they are charged x amount in fees.

Type in the amount you need to send: $306.25, click the region/currency, click the fee rate and click To Receive This... at the top.

Currently the domestic rate is 2.9% + 30 cents. The intl/cross-border rate is 4.4% + 30 cents.

Try it and learn to use it yourself.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.