PayPal stopped allocating working capital loans?

Okrib
Contributor
Contributor

Very confused by this. We put a fair amount of money through PayPal each month, though more in good weather than bad.

We took our first facility of £50,000 in September and paid it off at the start of March. 10 days later we took out £47,000 (the maximum offered) and have paid it back in a month.

Now we're looking to do it again to ramp up manufacturing as we move into our busy period, but we're being told we aren't eligible which seems bizarre to me. We've got 3+ years history of rising sales. We took £600k through PayPal last year and would expect that to be closer to £2m this year.

The customer service phone line is closed so it's impossible to speak to anyone.

PayPal are about to lose business to someone like Clearbanc. This seems crazy, even in these times. Our business is not affected by what is going on.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

stayawayyyy
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for this advice I just sign up for clearance i am tried of paypal 

Login to Me Too

Okrib
Contributor
Contributor

Clearbanc have been great - they look at your sales figures and will forward you quite significant sums. Their fees are slightly higher, and they don't deposit funds into your account, you can only use them to pay suppliers or for Google Adwords.

I've had no problem with PayPal working capital before, in fact I recommended it and would absolutely use them again, but if they're not going to lend given our account activity I'm going to find other solutions and they lose out on money!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.