PayPal's New Shipping Experience is Awful - please change it back

caffine
Contributor
Contributor

Today I went to ship a package and was taken to a new shipping experience. At first I was excited to see if it would be easier or faster, but the only thing fast was how quickly I realized that it was terrible.

1. It's slow - the old version was much faster
  2. When I tried to change the service from USPS to UPS I was given an error of "Take user back to registration screen" but nothing happened, so I could not use UPS (as a side note, FedEx seemed more reasonable cost-wise when it was an option)

I don't see any upside as a customer, other than it "looks prettier" which should not be a reason to change something. I ended up going to FedEx.com and shipping directly, using their tried-but-true 90s-looking interface - which I preferred over this new PayPal shipping experience I was given.

Furthermore, I wasn't asked for feedback nor could I find a way to give my feedback directly on the changes. Hence this community post, which I hope is seen. Very much hope that I was in some kind of an experiment and when I return I get the nice, old, working version.

Sincerely,

Disappointed Customer

Error that a customer should not see:

Napkin 04-06-18, 8.32.31 AM.png

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

ThePaintedTiger
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler
I agree, it is not working.  When I entered MOS today, it had a red warning box about the format or postage type not being supported.  I got my packages ready and pushed 'purchase'.  It returned a red warning....postage not available, try again later.  Tried again.  Same thing.  Went to my Summary, and it was indeed charged and created labels BOTH times. 

I tried to go to Classic MultiOrder shipping so I could void one set and print the other, and there was no link to Classic as there was in the past.  There is no CSV upload in the new shipping, and I need this so that I can print shipping labels for my PAYPAL SUBSCRIPTIONS.  

Please make shipping work again!!!!
Login to Me Too

squidbunny
Contributor
Contributor

The new Multi-Order ship tool is literally pointless; what is multi-order about something you have to manually input addresses into? What if you're shipping 50+ things? I'm going to have to look elsewhere for shipments and I hate it.

Login to Me Too

ThePaintedTiger
Contributor
Contributor

I sent an email through the Contact Us, and this is what I received in response.  Please take the time to open a ticket, maybe we can get the old MOS back.

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Michael and I am happy to assist you with your question today.

I definitely understand the concern with all of that.  A decision was made to remove the classic link from the website.  I will certainly escalate your concerns to our engineers to look into adding it back on.  If you go to www.PayPal.com/MTS and click Contact Support at the bottom of the page, you can sign into your PayPal account and fill out a ticket on this issue.  The more tickets we have, the more likely it will be added back on.

Login to Me Too

DuroF1
Contributor
Contributor

Me too.  This problem started last Wednesday.  Only the idiots @ a major company think that tweaking and adding extra steps is good for the company and consumers will be so glad.  Stupidity seems to be the badge of honor these days.  PayPal would not accept Andrews, TX and DELAVan, WI.  I spent close to 2 hrs trying everything I could by shutting down, rebooting, running Norton but nothing worked.  Same thing on Thursday.  I could print shipping labels for orders paid by PayPal (non Ebay) but others - nothing.  When I tried on Friday, it worked.  But all they have done is add extra steps because they think small business owners are stupid and have nothing better to do in their life !!!!!  Old version, you selected 1st class or priority @ the top of the page, scroll down, add customer's name and address and then click and print.  Now you add customer's name and address and it takes you to the next page where you select 1st class or priority and then it takes you to the next page where you authorize payment and then it takes you to the next page where you print the label.  I am a lousy gambler but I will bet $10.00, the idiots who thought this was a good idea have no idea how small businesses operate.  As for opening a ticket - what exactly is it going to accomplish if the idiots don't know what the heck they have done by these changes ??????

To add insult to injury, usps is no longer allowing 1st class labels - only priority.  Sent email and received the same idiotic answer ... this service is not available and we may decide to add it at a later date.  I replied the to the twit tech that 1st class has been available for several years.

All this tells me is that perhaps usps and paypal have been compromised and neither of them know what the heck to do !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

badhorsiecom
Contributor
Contributor

We have been shipping through PayPal since 2000.

Cutting off the CLASSIC multi-shipping function was down-right friggin stupid!

Login to Me Too

technicolor9021
Contributor
Contributor

I am literally blown away at how BAD the interface is down at paypal right now. You open a dispute and it WON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE IT. Not only that, you are not even able to escalate to a claim as you would have in the past. NO RESOLUTION center links, everything scrambled. I have been using Paypal since it's inception and have NEVER had as many problems as this in the past three months. Keep hiring them millennial programmers guys. I am just about DONE

Login to Me Too

Advant909
Contributor
Contributor

Totally agree with al complaints - moreover, the new form is NOT working AT ALL very frequently - I enter all shipping info and click "Ship to this address" and NOTHING happens!  PAYPAL should immediately FIRE all these idiots who created this new shipping form and bring back the old form.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.