PayPal money request through invoice

Rayghie
Contributor
Contributor
I sent an invoice to my client and he said he paid it how to I know that it has been paid I never received a notification how long would that take? Be paid me this morning.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Rayghie,

Thank you for your post. I'll be happy to clarify.

The best way to determine if you have received a payment is to log in to your PayPal account and check to see if there's a transaction listed showing that you received a payment. Email notifications are not the most reliable because email service providers may route them to the spam folder, and fraudsters may send fake emails saying that you've received a payment. The most reliable way will always be to log in to check your account.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Rayghie
Contributor
Contributor
Miss @olivia. On my dashboard it says it was paid but it did not appear on my balance. 😔
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Rayghie,

Do you see a transaction aside from the invoice line that shows that you received a payment? That transaction should show a status of held or pending. It should also show additional information about what to expect regarding the funds from that transaction. 

If the payment says that the funds are not yet cleared and will clear in the next few days, that payment was made by eCheck, and the item or service should not yet be delivered until the payment clears.

If the payment says that the funds are on hold pending delayed funds availability and that you are OK to ship, you should deliver the item or service and the funds will clear after 21 days or sooner if there's tracking that shows delivery.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.