PayPal includes state sales tax when calculating my PayPal fee for a sale I've made!

Temp2021929k
New Community Member

I have been vacationing for several weeks-and just took the vacation settings off my ebay accounts.  Today for the first time I notice that PayPal includes the sales tax in my sales total, for buyers who are in a state requiring sales tax collection for online sales. Mind you, the invoice I print from ebay does not show the sales tax on my account, since I never see it-they collect from the buyer and send it to the state (which I appreciate).  I do see the tax collected by ebay, but they do not include it in my sale total. But now PayPal includes that in my sale total and uses the sales tax in the total to calculate my PayPal fee. Then they immediately subtract the tax amount after the fee is calculated. 

I called in and got a lady who simply blamed it on ebay-pretending that it's their fault. I'm not buying her explanation, and though I've been on PayPal for over 15 years, I will now look for alternate ways to be paid by my buyers. It's the principle of the thing-PayPal has turned into a carpetbagger.  In the meantime, I have turned off my PayPal shopping and have cancelled ALL my automatic payments which were through PayPal up to now. I will take the time to pull out my credit card and use it when shopping online-I don't want to give any more $$ to PayPal, since they are ripping off their loyal sellers. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.