Parcel Select fees are outrageous

momnpops
Contributor
Contributor

In the past few months, many of my items that could be shipped Parcel Select, are coming up with outrageous fees. I can go to the USPS site and enter them as regular Parcel Post Packages and in many cases they dial in at 1/2 the PayPal Parcel Select fee. This no doubt affects the potential buyer, as they're seeing shipping fees that are unreasonable.  This is the way it once was, but has happened fairly recently. Anybody else having this problem or know the solution. I'd just go ahead and send these items via USPS Parcel Post, but USPS only brokers those at the physical site without online label capability.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@momnpops 

There is a 1 cubic square foot requirement since June 2019, if more than that in dimensions, it will be extra, or take it to the PO or USPS.com to buy the postage.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

momnpops
Contributor
Contributor

That's frustrating, considering that the Parcel Select has always been a tad less expensive then Parcel Post. Even more frustrating that eBay has never ever had a Parcel Select Option even though they owned PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Optiman43
New Community Member
I am done with USPS, I use FedEx smartpost. China can send stuff for pennies while we get ridiculous fees for sending across town. USPS does not streamline their services. Stuck with old school mentality. Scums
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.