Not received payment on our website

Wabisabisalon
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I set up an online store and set up PayPal checkout pluggin as a payment option. We used all the api credentials from our regularly used business PayPal account which we instantly receive payments from all the time from the same website but different platform. We did a test sale in our new store from our own account 3 days ago and still have received the funds into our paypal business account. The money has left our bank account however. I received an email from PayPal straight after making payment on our end saying we had been paid and to click link to login to claim your payment recieved. How long can it take for a payment to come through like this? My other platform we see the money in our PayPal account instantly when customers pay so this seems odd. I did however originally have the wrong email address set up in pluggin compared to my actual PayPal business account.. Could that be or... Its lost the payment due to email details? They are almost the same email... Ones my personal business email and ones a public business email. Either way both my emails. Please help, getting worried. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wabisabisalon 

"I did however originally have the wrong email address set up in pluggin compared to my actual PayPal business account.."

If you sent payment BEFORE discovering the receiving email address was wrong, the payment notification to your correct business PayPal email address would not show up there, nor will the payment.

You'll need to access the wrong email address account, retrieve the PayPal payment email and follow the directions on it to claim the money OR, add this wrong email address to your business account to claim the money if it was never associated with a PayPal account at all.

You can also try to cancel payment from the PayPal account you paid with if payment status is marked unclaimed and pending or wait 30 days for the money to return if no cancel button, then there's no need to register the wrong email address to claim the money. Just update the module to the correct PayPal email address and retry your payment.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.