No "Print packing slip" link in transaction details page

4Crawler
Contributor
Contributor

Starting last night, I was getting new transactions that lacked the Print Packing Slip link in the Transaction Details page.  On some of them, the link came back in a few hours.  But this morning, new transactions as well as the older transactions are missing that Print Packing Slip link.  This is a big hassle as I have to manually create packing slips by copy/pasting information from the transaction page into a form to print out.  Is this a known issue?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

HurleyByrd
Contributor
Contributor

Me Too and this is BS..... Right int eh middle of Christmas rush. Someone should get fired over this one. 

RESOLVE..................... Click on "Activity" at top of page............ 

Find your transaction...........

Click on "Print Shipping Label".......

See on right side of page...... "Print Packing Slip".

Give you exactly what we have been using for years. 

As noted..... the new change is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas Y'all

Pete

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

HurleyByrd
Contributor
Contributor

Me Too and this is BS..... Right int eh middle of Christmas rush. Someone should get fired over this one. 

Merry Christmas Y'all

Pete

Login to Me Too

4Crawler
Contributor
Contributor

@HurleyByrd wrote:

Merry Christmas Y'all

Pete

OK, looks like that is the trick.  One gotcha is that if you are not ready to ship the item, you have to cancel out of the shipping label screen after printing the packing slip.  In my case, I print packing slips for orders as they come in.  I use these to build the order and once complete, then I print a shipping label.  So I rarely print a shipping label first then a packing slip.

Login to Me Too

JohnnyU
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Contacting support was no help. They do not understand the problem. 

Login to Me Too

4Crawler
Contributor
Contributor

@JohnnyU wrote:

Same here. Contacting support was no help. They do not understand the problem. 

I also called support and I think they need to work on their communication skills as well.  I told the person I was unable to print a packing slip.  He kept saying "You want to print a shipping label..." and it sounded like he was asking a question.  I would say, "No, I want to print a packing slip".  He would respond with "You want to print a shipping label...".  I finally figured out what he was trying to say is that I should click on the "Ship" link and then in the shipping label screen, there would be a Print Packing Slip link. 

It would have been so much easier to understand if his answer addressed the question more directly.  Something like "As a workaround to print a packing slip, you first need to click on the Ship link and you'll find the Print Packing Slip link in the upper right corner".  Also suggested that they put this sort of information on one of their FAQ pages (I searched there for an answer and found nothing) and also that this sort of thing should be sent out via e-mail to merchants who've opted in to receive this sort of communication.

Anyway, the packing slip link seems to have been fixed as of this morning.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.