No email address for buyer in transaction

allrounder55
Contributor
Contributor

This is a terrible problem for all sellers, since the classic site has been removed, if the buyer does not have there email address displayed in the transaction, i have no way of contacting them to request there email address. Paypal suggests to contact the buyer on Ebay which will block any email or telephone requests. I need the buyers email address for tracking info so they can check on the progress of there purchase. This is stupid and something that has been over looked. We all know PayPal and Ebay are trying to prevent transactions from outside there trading companies, but come on if this carries on im going to close my ebay account and paypal. I have buyers now messaging me in ebay panicking not knowing if there items are dispatched or not. I dont need the hassle.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Dipdent
Contributor
Contributor

why has both ebay and paypal gone to this format.. i thought that the two companies had parted ways.. this is an inappropriate way to conduct business..

@allrounder55 wrote:

This is a terrible problem for all sellers, since the classic site has been removed, if the buyer does not have there email address displayed in the transaction, i have no way of contacting them to request there email address. Paypal suggests to contact the buyer on Ebay which will block any email or telephone requests. I need the buyers email address for tracking info so they can check on the progress of there purchase. This is stupid and something that has been over looked. We all know PayPal and Ebay are trying to prevent transactions from outside there trading companies, but come on if this carries on im going to close my ebay account and paypal. I have buyers now messaging me in ebay panicking not knowing if there items are dispatched or not. I dont need the hassle.

Login to Me Too

joseph921
New Community Member

Is there any update to this?

I've said the same thing 100%.  I don't understand why we can't see their email address anymore.  How are we supposed to contact them

regarding their shipment and tracking information?  Most shipping carriers require you to provide customs information like passport information,

residential ID or tax ID and phone numbers.   Why are we not allowed to ask and provide this information to the shipping services?  I know

they don't want us to try and contact buyers outside ebay to make sales offline, but that's just the  nature of business.  There will always be that

risk that you can scrape up your own buyers to make purchases off ebay.  Is Ebay that insecure about themselves?   All businesses and industries

risk having to compete with other businesses and fight over the same consumer market.

Login to Me Too

Kira11
New Community Member

Very very GAS!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.