New Sales Tax Law re: Online Purchases

MzCrowley70
Contributor
Contributor

Will PayPal be applying a sales tax template to all invoices?   With the new Sales Tax Law just passed, Sales Tax on Online Sales must be collected from the end user, thus I wonder how this new law will affect people who invoice using PayPal.   Will the person invoicing with PayPal be responsible to find applicable tax law for each state of residence for each customer and collect it and then remit to the proper state?   Or will PayPal not implement a template and the person invoicing in PayPal, be responsible to remit State Sales taxes based on invoice amounts and location of the payer/buyer?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

That would be a good question for PayPal direct, you may want to reach out to them via their Facebook or Twitter Account as both are supported by PayPal employees.  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

That would be a good question for PayPal direct, you may want to reach out to them via their Facebook or Twitter Account as both are supported by PayPal employees.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.