Message: Some of the fields have invalid values. Please correct and try again.

mattiejohnson
Contributor
Contributor

I am so tired of Paypal not answering. I haven't gotten a real person since March 2020. Why are you doing your customers like this? We need real guidance! I try to invoice my customers and it gives this message. I start over and over and it still says the same thing! I take out the billing address even with just the name and email and it still says this. Also, I notice that if you click "create an invoice" it doesn't allow tips included in the invoice. There's so much going wrong on these invoices. Is there a way you can improve this or at least answer the phones, please? YOUR PHONE SAYS YOU'RE NOT TAKING CALLS. INSTEAD, WE HAVE TO USE A CHAT! I haven't talked to anyone since the shutdown. What about people working from home? Is no-one available? Unfortunately on the chat no one really seems to help and it takes you a long time to respond and when you do it's the wrong response so we have to wait even longer. We all need help with Paypal. This is not good customer service. This is very frustrating. Can you fix these invoice issues please and turn your phones back on. Please help us!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

knwachuk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @mattiejohnson how are you doing? I was having the same problem as you have mentioned, but I found something that worked for me. The most ambiguous part (and thus, very likely to be your problem) is that the system expects the phone number as a series of number without any formatting. If you enter the phone number with formatting (as shown below), the system will not flag it or complain.

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 11.24.42 PM.png

And it will show just fine in the invoice interface:

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 11.24.55 PM.png

However, when you try to save, it will then indicate that "Some of the fields have invalid values. Please correct and try again". My solution was to remove the formatting

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 11.30.33 PM.png

And it worked for me. I hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

mattiejohnson
Contributor
Contributor

I have been posting this but for some reason paypal isn't showing your pictures. There's this huge "x" like it flagged your pics or some.

Yep - I found out it's either the dates or the phone number. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.