Invoicing & payment options for clients

JohannesHvi
Contributor
Contributor

When I'm sending invoices to my customers the only option for them seems to be to log on to their PayPal account. How can I send invoices with all payment method options included? (pay with cards or bank transfers in addition to the PayPal option). Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

There is a setting in your Business Account Profile which is enabled by default however, you may want to check it to make sure.
Login to your Account.
Click on "Profile".
Click on "Profile and settings".
Click on "My selling tools".
Look for "Website preferences"  Bring customers back to my website after they pay with PayPal.
Click on "Update".
On the "Website Payment Preferences" page.
Look for "PayPal Account Optional".
Make sure that it's "ON".

When the "account optional" feature is turned on, customers don't need a PayPal account.  They use an alternate checkout and have the option to sign up for a PayPal account afterward. Customers with PayPal accounts still log in to their PayPal accounts to check out.   Note, this is valid for Buy Now, Donations, and Shopping Cart buttons, but not for Subscription buttons.  They don't mention Invoices however, it does work.

(If your invoice recipients are not in the same country as you, it's possible that can have affect the checkout experience.)

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

There is a setting in your Business Account Profile which is enabled by default however, you may want to check it to make sure.
Login to your Account.
Click on "Profile".
Click on "Profile and settings".
Click on "My selling tools".
Look for "Website preferences"  Bring customers back to my website after they pay with PayPal.
Click on "Update".
On the "Website Payment Preferences" page.
Look for "PayPal Account Optional".
Make sure that it's "ON".

When the "account optional" feature is turned on, customers don't need a PayPal account.  They use an alternate checkout and have the option to sign up for a PayPal account afterward. Customers with PayPal accounts still log in to their PayPal accounts to check out.   Note, this is valid for Buy Now, Donations, and Shopping Cart buttons, but not for Subscription buttons.  They don't mention Invoices however, it does work.

(If your invoice recipients are not in the same country as you, it's possible that can have affect the checkout experience.)

Login to Me Too

JohannesHvi
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, but the account settings (PayPal Account Optional) is fine. It's still not working though. There's still only the PayPal option available to customers...any other idea what may cause this?

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Are you testing this yourself or do you have an actual customer you've been working with ?

If testing yourself, try refreshing your web browser by deleting the cookies, history, temp files, etc., then close the browser, reopen it and try again.  You can also share the same tip with the customer.

Login to Me Too

JohannesHvi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, that seems to be working for card payments. But how do you enable bank transfers? Do you simply need to add bank details manually in the 'Note to recipient' section of the invoice? Or are there other places you add bank details that automatically populate the invoice?

Thanks for great help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.