Invoice amendment after payment

Roioo7
Contributor
Contributor

Our company (another Paypal account) has sent an invoice to a client and after the client paid we revealed that there was a mistake in the invoice. We asked Paypal assist in Thailand to help with correcting the mistake after getting the client's confirmation to the change. We were very surprised to reveal that there is no such an option in Paypal, and we will need to issue a full refund to the client and issue a new invoice....as per the reply we got from Paypal's assist Thailand team by an email today. The client is already at the hotel room that she booked with us and canceling an existing invoice and requesting her to pay all over again would be complicated and disturbing for the client. It is really weird that in the year of 2019 Paypal still does not offer the flexibility of amending a paid invoice (pending by the client's confirmation of course) the same as Airbnb lets its users do, for example. Now we are facing a situation that the client is able to make a dispute suddenly after 1 month of stay, and get money refund from Paypal due to a completely innocent mistake, where there was written: " 3 months. 10,000 THB total. "    Instead of:  " 3 months. 10,000 THB/month. "

Moreover, since there was an innocent mistake in the invoice, why do we need to pay the Paypal fee twice?

I would really appreciate if Paypal implements an option to edit and amend an existing paid invoice on Paypal interface, and to get the client's confirmation to the change.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Roioo7,

Thank you for your post in the community. We appreciate your feedback. An invoice cannot be altered after it is paid because that invoice outlines the terms of the payment, which both parties are agreeing to at the time of the payment. While it cannot be altered, if you would like to refund the original payment, a new payment could be made with new terms. The refund action would cause PayPal to credit back the fees that were paid, minus the small fixed portion (for example, if the fee was 2.9% + $.30, the 2.9% portion would be refunded and the $.30 portion would not.) 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Roioo7
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Olivia,

Thanks you for your reply, but it still does not solve a situation in Paypal, that other online applications already do offer today.

"An invoice cannot be altered after it is paid because that invoice outlines the terms of the payment, which both parties are agreeing to at the time of the payment. "

In real life a signed contract between two sides can be amended later - once the two sides agreed to the change and signed next to the amendment. 

In my opinion this is a lack of flexibility in an important function that can and should be added to Paypal.

Issuing a full refund and requesting the client to pay, all over again, is not a proper acceptable solution in our modern world nowadays.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.