Information I need to give customers

FredBloggs
Contributor
Contributor

I have just spent too much time trying to find this info from PayPal. The site will not even let me email them to ask the question. 

My invoices to customers are tied in to my business accounting information on my computer and I do not want to use PayPal invoices. What information do I have to give my customers to give them the option of paying their accounts into my PayPal account? Alternative question: Is it even sensible to permit customers to pay me via PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FredBloggs 

The email address you use with paypal identifies your paypal account and is all someone needs to pay you.
Or you can send a money request/invoice from your paypal account to their paypal email address for them to pay.

The latter is better as you can then fully describe the item that your buyer is paying for and that may help you if they open a 'recieved but not as described' dispute.

You may be subject to the 'new seller hold' BUT once cleared you can click on 'withdraw/transfer funds' and send it to any linked bank account.
As to how safe it is that depends on you reading up on paypals seller protection policy and risk assessing your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FredBloggs 

The email address you use with paypal identifies your paypal account and is all someone needs to pay you.
Or you can send a money request/invoice from your paypal account to their paypal email address for them to pay.

The latter is better as you can then fully describe the item that your buyer is paying for and that may help you if they open a 'recieved but not as described' dispute.

You may be subject to the 'new seller hold' BUT once cleared you can click on 'withdraw/transfer funds' and send it to any linked bank account.
As to how safe it is that depends on you reading up on paypals seller protection policy and risk assessing your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FredBloggs
Contributor
Contributor

So all I have to do is put on my invoices payments options: Paypal. xxxxxx"at"xyz.uk and the customer thereby makes payment of his invoice to my PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.