How to remove the word invoice from a PayPal "invoice"?

45dfgdsg2q456
Contributor
Contributor

How do I remove the word invoice from a PayPal "invoice"?

The word "invoice" is not legally allowed on a money request, unless it is an official invoice. I'm using PayPal email invoicing to request a payment for an order, so that the customer can use a credit card, because if the customer tries to initiate a manual payment without an email request URL, the option to pay with credit card is not available. So I enter into the "invoice number" field "Order 1111 (not invoice)", as a confusing solution to indicate that it is not an invoice, even though it says "invoice" on top of the page. I then send an actual paper invoice with the shipment after I receive the payment.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@45dfgdsg2q456 

Create a Pay Now PayPal button and export as an email link instead which should allow card payment without a PayPal account if you have business account to enable PayPal Account Optional setting: 

Account Settings (wheel icon) > My Seller Tools > Website Preferences > Update > PayPal account optional

It just takes the buyer to the PayPal log in page where it also shows the pay with card option, they don't see an "invoice". Then you can send your paper invoice later. Because I don't think there is a way to remove the grey "Invoice" from the PayPal Invoice.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

45dfgdsg2q456
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice. But I'm taking offline orders from the customers, manual entry, so I need to make an itemized list, each time with different types of products, with the shipping address, like how the the PayPal Email Invoicing page allows you to do manual entry, so that I can get the PayPal Seller Protection, and the customer can see the final details before making the payment.

I think the PayPal button is for fixed items, or fixed price?

Also, I think the PayPal button allows the customer to enter his own address.  I need to enter the address myself, to make sure that it's set to the same address as registered with the customer's VAT ID. I've had instances in the past on a website checkout, where the customers would enter their business address that matches the VAT ID, but then when moving on to the PayPal payment page, a different default address in their account would override the address sent by the website checkout. So then I'd have to cancel and refund the payment, and ask the customer to reorder again, making sure that address doesn't change before pressing the confirmation button.

With the PayPal Email Invoicing, the address usually doesn't change, unless the customer manually overrides it before paying.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @45dfgdsg2q456,

Thank you for your post! I'm sorry that I don't understand the process you're describing. Are you collecting a customer's card information and making a payment to your own account on the customer's behalf? If so, this is not permitted without PayPal Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal. If I've misunderstood the situation, please let me know.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.