How to accept payments from customers without PayPal account?

RobSchulz
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

So, we created a PayPal business account but have no idea how to enable guest checkout without having a PayPal account. 

The payment buttons that PayPal lets you to create and used the code of in your website require customers to log in using their PP credentials first to be able to pay with their credit cards. This scenario doesn't work for us. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

thank you.

Bob

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RobSchulz

You will find the account optional setting in your selling settings in your profile settings. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RobSchulz
Contributor
Contributor

Account optional settings do not always work either. Customers in certain countries may be able to be able to guest checkout with a credit card others unfortunately will not. Plus, as far as I understand a combination of countries (Seller/Buyer) also plays role in having the credit card payment option to show up.

So, any chance to make a guest checkout with a credit card a permanent option for all countries/combination of countries?

Login to Me Too

K_Kong
Contributor
Contributor

In www.paypal.com (not developer.paypal.com), click the gear button on top right next to the Logout button.  Then go to Selling Tools, under Selling online look for Website preferences and click Update.  There should be an option as follows:

Paypal account optional.PNG

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.