How do I set up that "services" thing to hide my home address?

Daidaika
Contributor
Contributor

I've heard that I can hide my address from buyers if I set something as "services" since there's nothing physical being sent. Now, this is true because I'm using this for Twitch donations. I think my name is being sufficiently hidden thanks to having a business account, but it looks like my address is still showing. I need it hidden because I have an online stalker and if he gets ahold of my home address, he could turn into a real life stalker. On top of that, I pride my channel on pure anonymity, going as far as even using a voice changer. So how do I set up that "services" thing and, if that's not a thing anymore since the last post I saw about it was 6 years ago, how else could I hide my address from people donating to my Twitch?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daidaika 

In my experience, your physical address does not show when someone is sending you a payment. At least I personally have never seen that. Not in the email receipt and not in the PayPal transaction details because you're not a buyer. You can add a physical address that's not marked as billing or primary in your account, some Target store or post office location perhaps lol or something and select that as your business address in the business information settings just in case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Daidaika 

In my experience, your physical address does not show when someone is sending you a payment. At least I personally have never seen that. Not in the email receipt and not in the PayPal transaction details because you're not a buyer. You can add a physical address that's not marked as billing or primary in your account, some Target store or post office location perhaps lol or something and select that as your business address in the business information settings just in case.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.