How do I send multiple items for a single invoice via batch upload.

markz29
Contributor
Contributor

What I am trying to do is use the batch invoice upload process to create over 250 invoices each month. My challenge is each invoice for a customer has 4 separate items, service#1, service#2, service#3, servicefee. However, when I use the standard template upload no matter what I do I can only get one item per invoice. In effect creating 4 separate invoices for the same person.  

Is there a way anyone knows of to upload a bulk invoice spreadsheet where you can have multiple items show up on a single invoice that is emailed to the customer?

Thanks!

Mark

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

jimmyjo987
Contributor
Contributor

This drives me crazy, and I don't know why paypal won't improve the capabilities for batch invoicing. Basically, you can only batch upload invoices that are all just 1 item of the same amount. It's very silly and limiting, and I'm actually switching my billing to a different platform because of it. It would take me probably 1/5 of the amount of time to just make a spreadsheet and upload it as it does to go make an invoice for every single customer every month. They all get billed for the same several items, just in different amounts. I've asked them on the phone why this isn't possible, and they acted amazed that anyone would even need to do this. They seem really interested in pushing their invoicing feature, so I don't get why they don't make it more functional.

Login to Me Too

telelynx
Contributor
Contributor

We are stamping the items in the notes, not ideal, but better than manually generating
Can't get the template to work properly, adds quantity and shipping even though they are not in the default template

Doesn't calculate GST and says "No GST has been charged" when it has; workaround disclaimer in the terms and conditions field

I guess the feature is better than nothing, we generate 30 or so invoices a week and rising

It would be good to fix the relationship between batch invoices and the default template.

Collating csv lines with the same email address names and order number as multiple items in the same invoice would be sensible

Login to Me Too

SeanKellyWA
Contributor
Contributor

Please add me to the list of people who would like to know how to specify multiple line items on an invoice using the CSV.

Login to Me Too

telelynx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sean,

I've exchanged emails with PayPal support and they know about the issues

We have 2 major issues

1) Multiple items not supported

We use a single item as a total and list the items in the notes field
2) It always says "GST not included" under the total
We add a disclaimer to the terms and conditions field explaining GST is included and a PayPal invoice is not a GST Invoice/Receipt

3) We don't have Qty or Shipping on our template but they appear on batch uploaded invoices

We just put up with this 🙂

Login to Me Too

SeanKellyWA
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you.. we will go with the API then.
Login to Me Too

CrystalUnderStr
New Community Member

Something so basic.. Really disappointed.

Invoicing for me takes so long as my items vary on order size. Working on finding an alternative!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.