Help required with printing errors on packing slip..

Mike5252
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone give me any advise on why all of a sudden my packing slips are showing all the dropdown info links at the top and the bottom. For example the standard Paypal links to account settings, help, security, contact... I've tried everything but can't remove this, why is this happening??. I don't think its the printer, tho I did uninstall and re-install it. Have ensured the header/footer option for printing is not on but makes no difference and is always present. Have I pressed some keys somewhere in error? Any help with this annoying problem would be appreciated. Thanks Mike

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

madamaet
Contributor
Contributor

I think that the problem you are describing is different than the one I reported to Paypal support.  My recommendation is to contact Paypal and report the issues you are having with printing. You can bypass calling Paypal and just use their website at the link below to report the specific printing issues.

If you need technical assistance or you would like to report an issue with the PayPal website's functionality, here's how to submit a ticket to request assistance from PayPal's Merchant Technical Support:
  1. Go to https://www.paypal-support.com​
  2. Click Contact us at the bottom of the page.
  3. Click the Log In with PayPal button, Create an Account or use your Merchant Technical Support Portal Login
  4. Fill out the information requested in all required fields.
    • Provide a subject, description including the webpage url, error messages with time stamps, steps on how to reproduce and percentage of transactions being impacted. If you have a manager account at manager.paypal.com make sure you enter your manager login information and the partner.
    • Indicate the urgency of the request. Severity - How the issue is impacting you, for example:
      • Critical: Activity has stopped and there is no work around available.
      • High: Activity has slowed and there is not a workaround available.
      • Medium: Activity has slowed, and there is a workaround available or an alternative solution.
      • Low: Activity is not impacted, just need answer.
    • In the drop down select the appropriate product that you are contacting MTS about.
    • Environment -  Production is the PayPal live site, if your website has been active for a while, or it relates to any issues on the PayPal.com. PayPal Sandbox/Pilot/Test if you are in a testing environment. 
    • We recommend you upload a screenshot of the issue and the source code of the respective page as this will help the technical department resolve it faster.
  5. Click Submit to complete your ticket.
After you submit your ticket, we will send a confirmation email, and a technician will be assigned to help you. The technician will contact you by email and provide you with any updates.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

madamaet
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem as well.  Does your issue also have "(myaccountsettings)" appearing at the top of the page.

I alerted Paypal about it on 1/25 and they asked me to send a picture of the page but have not had time.  The problem appears to be on their end.

Login to Me Too

madamaet
Contributor
Contributor

I just made the time and opened up a case with the Merchant Technical Support Help Center and sent them a copy of the packing slip with the errors.

I'll keep you posted on the results.

Login to Me Too

walkinaxyl
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having this issue

Printing the drop downs of header and footer on the packing list. 

Login to Me Too

madamaet
Contributor
Contributor

As a follow up to the case I opened up with Paypal tech support, below is their response:

"Thank you for contacting Merchant Technical Support.

Unfortunately, the problem you're experiencing is being caused by some technical issues with the PayPal system. Our engineers are currently working diligently on a solution to this problem. I am going to assign this ticket to our internal engineering ticket so that when the problem is resolved, you will be notified of its completion right away."

Hopefully it will be resolved soon now that they are aware of the problem.

Login to Me Too

Mike5252
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, many thanks for messaging me about this, I do really appreciate it. I spent an age trying to resolve as always assumed the problem was me not Paypal! In view it's their issue I would have thought there would have many posts about it, but perhaps not too many bother with a packing slip. Thanks again and if you hear any further info please let me know. best wishes. Mike

Login to Me Too

bluetoothgolf
New Community Member

I've had a problem printing "Print Details" where the printer would try and print the page and fail with errors over the last few months. Now in the last week or two, I'm having this same issue printing a packing slip to the same Dell printer. Glad to hear it's on PayPal's end.

Login to Me Too
Solved

madamaet
Contributor
Contributor

I think that the problem you are describing is different than the one I reported to Paypal support.  My recommendation is to contact Paypal and report the issues you are having with printing. You can bypass calling Paypal and just use their website at the link below to report the specific printing issues.

If you need technical assistance or you would like to report an issue with the PayPal website's functionality, here's how to submit a ticket to request assistance from PayPal's Merchant Technical Support:
  1. Go to https://www.paypal-support.com​
  2. Click Contact us at the bottom of the page.
  3. Click the Log In with PayPal button, Create an Account or use your Merchant Technical Support Portal Login
  4. Fill out the information requested in all required fields.
    • Provide a subject, description including the webpage url, error messages with time stamps, steps on how to reproduce and percentage of transactions being impacted. If you have a manager account at manager.paypal.com make sure you enter your manager login information and the partner.
    • Indicate the urgency of the request. Severity - How the issue is impacting you, for example:
      • Critical: Activity has stopped and there is no work around available.
      • High: Activity has slowed and there is not a workaround available.
      • Medium: Activity has slowed, and there is a workaround available or an alternative solution.
      • Low: Activity is not impacted, just need answer.
    • In the drop down select the appropriate product that you are contacting MTS about.
    • Environment -  Production is the PayPal live site, if your website has been active for a while, or it relates to any issues on the PayPal.com. PayPal Sandbox/Pilot/Test if you are in a testing environment. 
    • We recommend you upload a screenshot of the issue and the source code of the respective page as this will help the technical department resolve it faster.
  5. Click Submit to complete your ticket.
After you submit your ticket, we will send a confirmation email, and a technician will be assigned to help you. The technician will contact you by email and provide you with any updates.

Login to Me Too

AnnieB5
Contributor
Contributor

I have spent all day trying to fix this. I think either Paypal tech or the Chrome browser tech must have done something and they are not fixing it. I noticed it happening on all packing slips since around 22 Jan 2020. 

I now have a workaround for the problem. I installed the PrintEditWE app to Chrome (can also add it to Firefox). This allows fast editing of a web page before printing. I opened the packing slip and clicked the PrintEditWE icon in the browser menu bar (top right, looks like a small envelope). In preview mode in the app, select the sections at top and bottom of the page that you don't want to print, then hit delete in the PrintEditWE toolbar. When you are done, print out the packing slip. Should print out clean without all that extra rubbish. 

Hope this helps 

AEB

Login to Me Too

Mike5252
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for the advice, have done as you suggest and yes it does work. However it is an unnecessary **bleep** and still feel this is Paypal issue, rather than some quirk within Chrome. Hopefully it will get resolved! Best wishes. Mike

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.