Guys, please help to change the charging currency

kamarilea
New Community Member

Hi!

I'm a kinda new here and just now found out, that the paypal is requesting the total amount of the payment in the national currency of a buyer. The exchange course of a paypal in this case is awful. I know that in previous versions at the paypal it was possible to change it into seller's currency and that was ok. Can anybody please help me with the change? Please! 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kamarilea 

When you pay, it should show the currency exchange rate and there should be a "Change" or "Currency Conversion options" link next or under it for you tell PayPal who should do the conversion, right?

This may not work with all cards because the loopholes you may have through up, the credit card companies, banks and PayPal have thought up too, and are closed down. So, if the card you want to use does not let you choose it for conversion through PayPal, just use the card directly without PayPal. Cards also protect you from unauthorized payments too, not just PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kamarilea 

When you pay, it should show the currency exchange rate and there should be a "Change" or "Currency Conversion options" link next or under it for you tell PayPal who should do the conversion, right?

This may not work with all cards because the loopholes you may have through up, the credit card companies, banks and PayPal have thought up too, and are closed down. So, if the card you want to use does not let you choose it for conversion through PayPal, just use the card directly without PayPal. Cards also protect you from unauthorized payments too, not just PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.