General questions regarding PayPal Business for international sales

RSH1993
New Community Member
Dear PayPal community,

I am currently in the process of setting up a business and I would like to use PayPal as one of the payment methods for my customers, but there are a couple of questions that I have and I fail to find the answers:

1) If I create a new PayPal account (a business account), will that one have limits that need to be lifted (much like personal accounts)? If so, how long would it take to go through the process of submitting the documents and having all limits removed?

2) What are the international transaction fees and currency exchange fees for a Business account? In the general overview (where it combines Personal + Business on one page) it says 3.4% + €0.5 + international transaction fees, without specifying how much those international fees are. I am selling and not sending money, but earlier on the page, under "sending money", it does say "cross-border personal transaction fees" (of €1.99-€3.99), but it's not clear if those are the fees that would apply to selling with Business accounts  as well due to the word "personal" that I underlined and due to the fact that it is listed under "sending money". I'm asking this because I will need to change my selling price if these cross-border fees do apply to Business accounts as well. This is a hugely important question because I will be selling internationally AND accepting different currencies, so I can't afford to end up with unpleasant surprises there.

3) Is there a way to receive a detailed overview of the transaction and currency-exchange fees that were applied to each sale (this would be for my accountant)? Or how do merchants usually do this regarding the paperwork for the accountant? 

Any help is very much appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.