Free Instant Transfer?

willb41
New Community Member

I was just looking at transferring some money to my bank account and while using my PayPal app it claims there is no fee for an instant transfer. Is this something new or an error in the site? When I get on the desktop site it says there a 1% for that. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@willb41 

I am not seeing that. I see, "Choose Your Speed":

Entered $1.00

In minutes (Rocket ship icon): $0.01 fee 

In 1-3 days (Hot Air Balloon icon): No fee

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

JTP1313
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing that as well. Have not been able to get through to customer service to find out if it is a new thing or if I will be billed later! I did not see any announcement of this anywhere.

Login to Me Too

ab18
Contributor
Contributor

Perhaps this list of banks eligible for instant transfer means only these banks are eligible for free instant transfers? I'm sure Paypal will never get around to documenting this for a few years.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3569

Login to Me Too

LiveLifeLong
New Community Member

no,  that list like you said means what banks can get instant transfer

has nothing to do with being free

maybe they are doing it free now due to covid

Login to Me Too

italicsify
New Community Member

I got a free instant transfer option today too and it worked. I wonder if this is temporary or some sort of promotional thing. I haven't used instant transfer before.

Login to Me Too

LiveLifeLong
New Community Member

same here, transferred $250 today with no fee. It say free instant and free standard, so I said hmm, might as well send instant. This the first time I noticed it was free.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.