Error when creating Developer application and error when creating Sandbox account

captinc
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am trying to integrate PayPal into my website. When trying to create a new application in the PayPal Developer Dashboard, I receive this error: 5cc95790778a0. Additionally, I receive error ebd05510f1862 when trying to create a new Sandbox Test Account. I need both of these errors resolved before I can continue development for my website. 

I have already called PayPal Customer Support, but they are closed due to covid19. I also tried to Message (chat with) PayPal, but they still have not responded to me. It's been 17 hours since I opened the chat. 

Hopefully a PayPal employee can help me on here - thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

captinc
Contributor
Contributor

SOLVED

PayPal support didn't even respond to me and nobody else I talked to knew either, so I ended up having to find the solution myself.

Solution to error when creating app:

1. Go to htttps://developer.paypal.com/

2. Click your profile picture > Dashboard

3. Left sidebar > Sandbox > Accounts > Create account

4. Select "Business (Merchant Account)" and click "Create" (!! THIS is the MAGIC powder !!)

5. Left sidebar > My Apps & Credentials > Create app

6. Make sure the "Sandbox Business Account" dropdown menu has the Sandbox Business Account selected

7. Now it will let you create an application

Solution to error when creating Sandbox Test Account:

1. Dashboard > Left sidebar > Sandbox > Accounts > Create account

2. Select "Personal (Buyer Account)" and click "Create custom account" (!!)

3. Type in a COMPLICATED email and a COMPLICATED password. The password cannot be simple - must be words and numbers (!! again, this is the magic powder !!)

4. Fill in whatever you want for the remaining fields and click "Create account"

5. Now it will let you create a Sandbox Test Account

Confirmed working by me after every other attempted solution failed. 

PayPal doesn't tell you what their errors mean, nor do they mention that you need a Sandbox Business Account first and the password must be complicated. Greater explanations & transparency on your website plus improved customer support would have saved an entire day of frustration. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

captinc
Contributor
Contributor

SOLVED

PayPal support didn't even respond to me and nobody else I talked to knew either, so I ended up having to find the solution myself.

Solution to error when creating app:

1. Go to htttps://developer.paypal.com/

2. Click your profile picture > Dashboard

3. Left sidebar > Sandbox > Accounts > Create account

4. Select "Business (Merchant Account)" and click "Create" (!! THIS is the MAGIC powder !!)

5. Left sidebar > My Apps & Credentials > Create app

6. Make sure the "Sandbox Business Account" dropdown menu has the Sandbox Business Account selected

7. Now it will let you create an application

Solution to error when creating Sandbox Test Account:

1. Dashboard > Left sidebar > Sandbox > Accounts > Create account

2. Select "Personal (Buyer Account)" and click "Create custom account" (!!)

3. Type in a COMPLICATED email and a COMPLICATED password. The password cannot be simple - must be words and numbers (!! again, this is the magic powder !!)

4. Fill in whatever you want for the remaining fields and click "Create account"

5. Now it will let you create a Sandbox Test Account

Confirmed working by me after every other attempted solution failed. 

PayPal doesn't tell you what their errors mean, nor do they mention that you need a Sandbox Business Account first and the password must be complicated. Greater explanations & transparency on your website plus improved customer support would have saved an entire day of frustration. 

Login to Me Too

Aamir888
Contributor
Contributor
i should legel paypal account please help me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.