Error sending an invoice

aharris035
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to send invoices, but once I enter all of the required information (item description, qty, price, etc.) and hit Preview or Send, I get an error that says "Some of the fields have invalid values. Please correct and try again." However, none of the fields appear to have invalid values. I have started a chat with Support, but so far they just keep telling me the instructions for creating an invoice. I KNOW what the instructions say, and I'm following those instructions, but still getting the error message. Anyone else had this issue or have any ideas for me?

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

revyouth
New Community Member

It seems to only happen when I copy an original invoice and try to modify it. However I did create a new one and it still gave me the issue. I had to use Incognito tab to delete the cookies and such -- seems to work fine. 

Login to Me Too

AGWallets
New Community Member

Check the invoice due date. I changed it to on receipt or no due date & have not had this issue again

Login to Me Too

jinshui
New Community Member

Same problem here. Tried 7 times on my chrome - even using fresh invoice (without copying from template) did not work.  I used incognito and that did it. Paypal need to fix this. its extremely frustrating and inconvenient. 1 hour to create this invoice!

Login to Me Too

elmatias
New Community Member

Had the same problem when using Chrome. Switched to incognito mode and it worked.

Login to Me Too

mattiejohnson
Contributor
Contributor

That shouldn't matter whether chrome or windows or incognito. 

You can still make a copy of your invoice as well but here's what you need to do since it doesn't tell you what the errors are:

Make a copy

Only put in the phone number like this <removed> it does not like (-) or (.) or spaces

Fix the dates change the date to a "specified date" or "no due date" and make sure the issued date is the day you're making the invoice when you make a copy it still has an old date. 

This is what I found to help. TOO BAD PAYPAL ISN'T ANSWERING THEIR PHONES AND WE'RE ON THESE THREADS WORKING FOR PAYPAL! I sure do hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

QC175
Contributor
Contributor

I went into settings and switched back to classic invoicing and everything worked as it should -something is horrible glitchy with the new invoicing interface, as I've been having issues ever since it was introduced weeks ago.

I hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Haneef80

Thanks, this worked for me.

Login to Me Too

alessandrabu

Hi! I was also having this issue. The only thing that worked for me was going back to where the invoices appear as lists, and then clicking in the draft I did (that had the error) and then click "Send" and it was sent!! Let me know if it helped!

Login to Me Too

Cowabunga-Kyle
Contributor
Contributor

It's very unfortunate that people have been having this problem since last year and PayPal doesn't care enough about its users to reply with a fix. 

I've got an invoice I can't send because of this, and I've checked every metric in the invoice three times now, it's not a problem on my end. 

The error reads: "Some of the fields have invalid values. Please correct and try again."

This is costing me time and money and PayPal, you are missing out on fees by not addressing this. People abandon ghost ships, I suggest a moderator read and reply to this thread before you lose any more loyal customers. 

Login to Me Too

sgmills

My fix:
Removed an old email address from the "business information" section.

My invoice features my business information. It contained an email address no longer associated with my paypal account (I recently updated emails.) Once changing that, the invoice submitted just fine.

Paypal, why on earth don't you indicate which field is incorrect! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.