Error sending an invoice

aharris035
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to send invoices, but once I enter all of the required information (item description, qty, price, etc.) and hit Preview or Send, I get an error that says "Some of the fields have invalid values. Please correct and try again." However, none of the fields appear to have invalid values. I have started a chat with Support, but so far they just keep telling me the instructions for creating an invoice. I KNOW what the instructions say, and I'm following those instructions, but still getting the error message. Anyone else had this issue or have any ideas for me?

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

nategraham
Contributor
Contributor

I have found a bit of a workaround. From what it seems, this error seems to be triggered when copying a previous invoice.

I've had the same issue where none of the fields were missing or incorrect, yet would still receive the "Some of the fields have invalid values. Please correct and try again.." error message. 

The best solution is to simply create a new invoice instead of copying a previous invoice, and see if that resolves the issue. 🙂 

Login to Me Too

tracejade96
New Community Member

Did not work for me. 😞  I still cannot get any to send from the computer.  

Login to Me Too

mattiejohnson
Contributor
Contributor

You can still make a copy but here's what you need to do since it doesn't tell you what the errors are:

Make a copy

Only put in the phone number like this <removed> it does not like (-) or (.) or spaces

Fix the dates change the date to a "specified date" or "no due date" and make sure the issued date is the day you're making the invoice when you make a copy it still has an old date. 

This is what I found to help. TOO BAD PAYPAL ISN'T ANSWERING THEIR PHONES AND WE'RE ON THESE THREADS WORKING FOR PAYPAL! I sure do hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Caleb-B
New Community Member

Thank you! I got the error both when copying an invoice and when creating one from scratch. Changing the phone number format seems to have solved it. 

Login to Me Too

ElectricBikerRi
New Community Member

The issue appears to be when you copy an invoice, and that invoice had a due date. Either push the due date to the future or choose "no due date" and then it will remove that silly error.

It would be nicer if paypal highlighted the field the says has invalid characters...

Login to Me Too

Not completely true. I have no due date and it will not let me save the invoice when all the required fields are already filled properly.

Login to Me Too

mattiejohnson
Contributor
Contributor

You can still make a copy but here's what you need to do since it doesn't tell you what the errors are:

Make a copy

Only put in the phone number like this <removed> it does not like (-) or (.) or spaces

Fix the dates change the date to a "specified date" or "no due date" and make sure the issued date is the day you're making the invoice when you make a copy it still has an old date. 

This is what I found to help. TOO BAD PAYPAL ISN'T ANSWERING THEIR PHONES AND WE'RE ON THESE THREADS WORKING FOR PAYPAL! I sure do hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

ClemsonMan
New Community Member

Thanks for the tips.  My problem was that I put '-'s in the phone number for the customer (my bad!). The least they could do is tell me where the error was. 

Anyway, thanks all.

Login to Me Too

MariaJD
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue. I was using Chrome and decided to see if it would work on Firefox and it did. I was able to send the invoice. 

Login to Me Too

katesaxon

This worked for me! Thanks so much

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.