Edit paid invoice

bonniewoohoo
Contributor
Contributor
I have a paid customer that decided to add an item. Can I go back and add after the invoice has been paid? If so how? If not what will I need to do? (Refund & make new invoice with both?) thank you so much
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bonniewoohoo 

No, an invoice can't be edited after its been paid in full.

You can refund and re-invoice but the PayPal fee deducted from the payment won't be refunded to you by PayPal so the difference will have to come out of your pocket to issue the refund. Know what I mean?

Or just invoice for the additional item separately plus difference in shipping etc to receive payment and when you send out the items together, buy the postage label through the first transaction and enter that same tracking number into the second transaction.

Or just treat them as two separate orders (invoice separate and charge applicable shipping/tax/handling) and ship separately.

So you have three ways to approach it. I've done the second way once and it worked out, your mileage could vary.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

teamGTC
Contributor
Contributor

I have a similar question.  But my client just paid the invoice.  Now my client wants to update the name and description on the invoice.  Is this possible? without the hassle of doubling fees and refunds etc. -- it's a service payment btw -- thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.