Duplicate charges for shipping labels

gusabbie
Contributor
Contributor

I have called Paypal two times and they gave two different answers cause I don't think they really know what is up. I am a Ebay seller and when I usually purchase shipping labels to mail my items, the cost for them is deducted from my Paypal account. Well with 5 labels, it was deducted from my Paypal account and also my checking account. My checking account says "Inst Xfer Ebayincship Paypalsi77" 5 times with the same costs for the shipping labels that I already paid for in my Paypal account. Has anyone else had this happen to them. It seems I am getting ripped off for around 30 some dollars. Paypal said that the cost of the label was taken from my Paypal account and then my checking account paid my paypal account back! Now why all the sudden would it start doing that? I don't see any record of this money coming into my Paypal account from my checking account, so that explanation doesn't fly with me.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gusabbie 

Maybe you thought you had a PayPal balance to pay for those labels but didn't? So PayPal transferred it from your bank account? Instant Transfer is when PayPal fronts the money to USPS for the labels and you pay PayPal back as they wait for your payments to clear the bank.

It might have something to do with: 

Policy updates and user agreement changes to Personal PayPal accounts

If your PayPal account is not converted to a PayPal cash account, money for online purchases would be taken from your bank account and any funds you have in your PayPal account may have to be claimed or unavailable for use until claimed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

gusabbie
Contributor
Contributor

I had a lot of money in that Paypal account that they took 5 charges out for shipping labels and they also took the same money out of my checking account at my bank. They said my checking account at my bank was paying back my Paypal account, but there is no record of the money coming into my Paypal account. So their explanation is not supported by evidence and why they would do this is unimaginable.

Login to Me Too

darkmansbids
Contributor
Contributor

My account was charged 3 times from one transaction.$ 37.76 x3 and then$ 6.70x3.I used the ups service through paypal and it has been a total pain in the **bleep**. Paypal blamed UPS and UPS blamed Paypal. It is narrowed down to just Paypal now.Anyway I am still trying to get the money back they took....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.