Due to system error I couldn't void shipping label. Now Paypal is refusing to issue refund.

SarahJane5
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Canada Post shipping label through paypal for an ebay sale. I realized after I purchased it I bought the wrong label. I tried voiding the label (within 48 hours) but kept getting an error message. I needed to ship the item so I went to the post office and bought a label there. I uploaded the tracking number to paypal and ebay and messaged <removed> to resolve the issue. I was told through email that paypal couldn't issue the refund. I also can't open a resolution case...also keep getting an error. Is paypal completely broken?

I really don't want to eat $20+ for a paypal system error. What are my options here?

Not sure if this belongs in the merchant section or not. I do have (for now) a business account with paypal and this was a business transaction.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @SarahJane5,

I'm very sorry that you've had this experience. Please reach out again to customer service and explain that the site error prevented you from voiding the label in a timely fashion. I know you've contacted via email. I would suggest trying a phone conversation for a more real-time discussion of the situation. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us, then log in or call as a guest.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

SarahJane5
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply.

I have messaged customer service probably a dozen times (back and forth) and they keep asking for the same information (which I supply) and then a day goes by and a totally differ CS agent emails me asking for the same information as the first 5 did. I've used paypal for well over 10 years (business account) and use it as a vessel for my customers to pay me. If I treated my customers like paypal has been treating me I'd go out of business. 

I just replied to another agent. We'll see how this goes...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.