Customer with American Credit Card says their card won't work with my invoice

cbdeluxe
New Community Member

Hi All, 

I have a business, and I have clients (that are very few) that have both Canadian and American payment options. I created an invoice, like I usually do, and for the first time, I received a message from a client saying that they couldn't pay the invoice because they wanted to use their american credit card, and my business is in canada. 

I've never had this happen before. Any insight, or even truth to this? Please help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @cbdeluxe,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you describe with an attempted transaction. It's possible that the client's credit card has specific restrictions. I know some corporate cards restrict certain categories of businesses. It's possible that this particular client's card has a similar restriction for the country of the account.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

mysticalmoons
New Community Member

I am having the issue but the r way around.  I am an American vendor using invoicing and my customer is from Canada.  It did not say anything about a credit card on her end.  It said I didn't ship to Canada.   the solution given was not a full solution to this issue.  Since this is now 2nd report of this happening PayPal can take the time to find a REAL solution to this issue so vendors can get paid and buyers can get their merchandise.  Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.