Clients cannot pay invoice

eraackk
Contributor
Contributor

My clients cannot pay my invoice. They are using credit cards and it says "Something went wrong, try again later."

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

acscomputers
Contributor
Contributor

started with my customers october 2020 they cant pay by card, after 2 full days trying to talk to paypals useless customer service team i fanally got one person who said they acknowledge there is a problem on their end and they are trying to resolve this.

i find that for a global giant like paypal not to be able to fix this problem with their invoicing system ( which is costing me customers but also affects their income because if i don't get paid by paypal they don't make money out of my fees, ) then they need to either close down or sack all the useless people they have making excuses and start employing people to fix an issue that NEEDS to be resolved now!

Login to Me Too

ubc9000xlt
Contributor
Contributor

I am a client in South Australia having this issue ("Something went wrong, try again later.") today (29/10/2020).

My preferred method of payment is set to my bank account.

Their automated "contact us" system is a joke - it won't let me report the issue when I select the invoice I'm having trouble with - I get told off.

I'm not sure if it is related, but the invoice I am trying to pay is in a different currency (CHF - Swiss Francs)??

Grrr.

Login to Me Too

ubc9000xlt
Contributor
Contributor

I managed to solve this myself. The "something went wrong" error is generated because PayPal cannot verify the ID of the client (it doesn't say anything about this though). They need to log in to PayPal, then find the option to Confirm Your Identity in the help centre page, follow the prompts, and the account will be "restored" and limitations lifted. They should then be back to normal.

This worked for me...

Login to Me Too

acscomputers
Contributor
Contributor

not the issue at hand, the issue is that they can not pay by credit card without a paypal account, 

my account can't be an issue unless paypal has stuffed it as nothing in the last 12 years of business has changed in my account or the way i send invoices through the paypal system

Login to Me Too

ubc9000xlt
Contributor
Contributor

@acscomputers OK, but there was no mention of clients not having a paypal account by the OP. I received the error message for the reason I stated.

Login to Me Too

peterhoa
Contributor
Contributor

This apparently is an Australian issue due to some austrac requirement.  But PayPal has not advised Australian merchants that this is the case. Nor is it in their updated policies. They suddenly made it impossible for customers to pay with a credit card. The customers still see the option to pay without a card but it then fails with a meaningless error message. Vey unprofessional of PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.