Changing Legal Name

SirWaffles
New Community Member

I signed up to paypal using a name based on my business's name, so I cant verify myself with a document because the name on the document is different from the one on my paypal. and Now I cant change it because they do not have an option for the pickle I'm in when I go to change name in settings.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SirWaffles 

Go to Account Settings (wheel icon) > Name > Change,  Select the option "Your Name is incorrect". 

Is it not letting you change it because your account is limited due to having to verify identity?

Since you have a business account, the business name would be your alias to your individual account holder name. It is a pickle. Contact customer service and explain that you need to correct your name in order to verify your identity as you used a nick name. 

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

---

PSA: Name on an account is "operator of account's" name. PayPal is a serious financial tool, can't be cute and use fake name or alias, not these days...a real pain to change names on here so legal name is the way to go.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.