Cancel recurring invoice

Raea
Contributor
Contributor

In order to help a a buyer out I tried doing Recurring Invoices so they could send in payments instead of a bulk sulk of money. Not being paypal site savvy I didn't realize this would generate a new invoice each billing cycle.  Now that the person has paid off their goods I need to delete the recurring invoice or at least stop them so they don't get an invoice they no longer owe toward.  Does anyone know how to delete a recurring invoice or at least a way to end to end it?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Raea 

Once you create a recurring invoice series, you can edit it by clicking the Manage Invoices drop-down and selecting Manage Recurring Series and see if you can adjust the frequency to Once Only on the invoice. If you edit the recurring series, then all future invoices sent based on that series will apply the new updates; past invoices from that series will not be impacted by the update.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Raea 

Once you create a recurring invoice series, you can edit it by clicking the Manage Invoices drop-down and selecting Manage Recurring Series and see if you can adjust the frequency to Once Only on the invoice. If you edit the recurring series, then all future invoices sent based on that series will apply the new updates; past invoices from that series will not be impacted by the update.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Raea
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @sharpiemarker!  I believe that did the trick! (I wanted to wait until today to be SURE it worked before I responded).  Paypal sent a final invoice today, but now it has 'EXPIRED" under the recurring invoice status.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.